ACTIVE TWO-WAY SPEAKER
The perfect multipurpose speaker for small indoor gigs
or outdoor stage monitoring in midsize stages.
The ART 4 Series is the new addition to the worldwide famous ART series portable speakers from RCF that combine the legendary audio quality and toughness of the ART 3 Series with the latest digital Digipro amplification technology developed for the ART 7 Series.
Newly designed digital amplifiers coupled with the unique RCF transducers technology make the ART 4 Series a cutting edge product, suitable for any portable sound reinforcement applications.
Small but powerful, in fact thanks to its 400 W digital amplifier and neodymium transducers, the ART 408-A can deliver great volume power and sound definition.
- Compact voice and music reinforcement systems
- Portable and installed audio-visual systems
- Stage monitoring
- 400 Watt digital bi-amplification
- 126 dB max spl
- Wide dispersion 90 x 70 constant directivity horn
- 8 High power neodymium woofer, 2.5 voice coil
- 1 Mylar dome, neodymium high frequency driver
- DSP processing, boost eq, soft limiter and protection
- Xlr/jack input, xlr signal output
| ||Each amplifier presents both XLR In/Out connectors and a Jack input for the maximum connection versatility. || |
Powerful DSP processing
An integrated DSP manages crossover, Eq., soft limiter, compressor and dynamic bass boost.
It controls the ongoing interaction between the audio signal, switch-mode power supply, and PWM output stages, and processes key information concerning the status of the internal signal flow from the input to the speakers monitoring impedance and shuts down in case of short-circuit. The DSP controls the thermal and soft limiters to protect speakers.
|A useful Mic/Line switch to adjust the input sensitivity is provided. When used just for speech, the Mic setting allows to use a microphone directly with the speaker. Set the selector to Line when using the speaker for live music or playback. |
| ||An easy to reach volume knob on the back allows to set the overall volume of the speaker according to its application. |
|A switchable EQ Mode make it easier to select among two different equalisation presets: |
- Extended response switch, which slightly emphasizes the bass response for playback music and low volume applications;
- Linear response switch, for using the speaker to amplify a live mix.
| ||3 status LEDs – Power / Signal / Status are provided for monitoring the system. |
| ||ART 4 cabinets are moulded on a special polypropylene composite material and are designed to dampen down vibrations even at maximum volume settings. || Design |
The ART 4 Series design looks aggressive whilst retaining familiar ART ergonomics and is the result of extensive combined functional and acoustic research.
The reflex porting has been sized to guarantee the best efficiency.
Every detail of the cabinets, from moulding to the final texture, have been carefully studied to offer the maximum reliability and strenght for the intensive use on the road.
|The amplifier is housed on an aluminium top plate that integrates the rubber coated plastic top handle. This structure results in a stronger and easy to transport cabinet. || |
| ||The large sized constant directivity horn is designed to offer a precise directivity. |
All models are equipped with ergonomically designed hard plastic handles with internal rubber handgrip for a better portability.
|At the bottom of the speakers a rugged stainless steel pole mount has been provided for deploying the speakers on stands or on subwoofers. || |
| ||The cabinet shape allows every ART 4 speaker to be used also in stage monitor configuration. |
- Frequency Response -3 dB: 65 Hz ÷ 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 126 dB
- Horizontal coverage angle: 90°
- Vertical coverage angle: 70°
- Compression Driver: 1 neo, 1.4 voice coil
- Woofer: 8 neo, 2.5 voice coil
- Input signal: bal/unbal
- Input connectors: xlr - Jack
- Output connectors: xlr
- Crossover frequencies: 1800 Hz
- Limiter: Fast limiter, RMS limiter
- Controls: Flat, Boost
- Total power: 400 W
- High frequencies: 100 W
- Low frequencies: 300 W
- Cabinet Material: Composite PP
- Hardware: 2 x M10 flying points
- Handles: 1 on top
- Pole Mount/Cap: Yes
- Grille: Steel
- Colour: Anthracite grey
- Height: 480/18.9 mm/inch
- Width: 291/11.45 mm/inch
- Depth: 274/10.7 mm/inch
- Net Weight: 9.2/20.28 kg/lbs